Environmental sustainability and eco-conscious mindset is important to us in our personal lives and it’s something we all wanted to take to work with us and incorporate into the hotel as well.
We’ve made many environmentally friendly choices at Hektor and pushed the limits of hospitality to not only do the most obvious but to also find solutions to those footprints that seem inevitable at the hotel.
We reduce, reuse and recycle so tomorrow would always be a little bit better. Here are 10 of our eco-conscious steps…
- We gave a new soul to an old building
- We have reused old shipping containers as hotel rooms
- Our pure cotton bedding with Ecolabel and Oeko-Tex quality labels is washed with environmentally friendly products according to Greenkey standards
- We use Oma Care’s all-in-one body wash that’s produced in Estonia from natural ingredients
- Guests can wash their clothes in hotel laundry room with vegan and of 99,97% natural ingredients, paraben free laundry detergent produced in Estonia by Mulieres in enviromentally friendly 15L packaging
- Our dispensers and toilet paper in hotel rooms and public bathrooms are made from recycled beverage cartons by Lucart
- The hotel’s café uses reusable glass packaging instead of single-use options
- We carefully choose partners who deliver products package free or in reusable packaging and we always prefer local
- Our coffee partner King Coffee Service provides coffee beans in refillable packaging which they deliver by bike (if Estonian weather allows it, of course)
- We sort all of our trash to send materials into recycling. Our guests can also recycle everything from paper to banana peels in sorting stations in the hallways.