Shipping container hotel
20-foot shipping containers are the standard when it comes to world logistics. Length 5,9 m, width 2,35 m and height 2,39 m equals about 12 m2. It’s not a palace but a bit of smart planning and it perfectly fits a practical bathroom, big double bed, work desk, armchair, TV, shelves…let’s just say everything you’d expect from a hotel room. In addition to an experience you’ll not get anywhere else.
Some facts that might interest you:
- Our beds are in size 160x200cm and mattresses made in Estonia are equipped with 5-zone pocketed spring system.
- All our bedsheets are pure cotton with Ecolabel and Oko-tex quality labels.
- We wash bed sheets and towels according to Green Key conditions with Ecolabel detergents.
- The all-in-one shampoo and body wash is an Estonian product of natural ingredients from OMA.
- Lights in the room are LED technology.
How did we do it?
Steel shipping containers are designed for transportation in salty ocean water, so they must be completely weatherproof and unsinkable. For safe and comfortable lodging, we have insulated the containers with PUR foam. For fire safety, the foam is capsulated into cement fiberboards which in turn is refinished with plywood. These four layers (outer layer of steel, foam, cement fiberboard and plywood) will guarantee sound insulation. To stop impact noise from spreading, we have left an airspace between containers and installed rubber bushings. Shipping container hotel rooms are equipped with electric heaters and heat recovery ventilation units.